Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Everything's ALIVE!!!

The switchgrass looks better than it's ever looked! Perhaps I should have been watering them all along from the bottom. My pathogens are doing well, except for two that weren't sealed with parafilm. They are getting a little dry. Guess I'll let the kids make some transfers out of those dishes today. I'm making water agar this morning--going to let the kids surface sterilize the plant material today and put it on plates of water agar. I sure wish I had some Rifampicin to put in with the agar, but I don't. I have autoclaved all the inoculating loops, to help prevent contamination, but I don't know if that will work. Maybe the lactic acid will be here to make PDA plates with when we do the transfers.

No comments:

Post a Comment