Search This Blog

Friday, January 29, 2010

Making transfers to nutriet broth

This was a little scary. I haven't done this in 30 years. I sure hope I didn't contaminate the original sample while doing it. I made the transfer from the agar slant that was given to me as a pure culture into the nutrient broth tubes I had made yesterday morning. I actually did the inoculations yesterday afternoon, but didn't have time to blog about it until this morning. I inoculated two tubes of Escherichia coli and two of Bacillus megaterium and placed the tubes in the incubator at 37 degrees C. I was planning on making transfers into the students tubes today or going to school on Saturday to make the transfers if there didn't appear to be enough growth, but schools are closed today due to an impending snow storm. When I do inoculate the tubes for the students though I need to do one for each student. That's a lot of inoculation of tubes when you have 32 students in lab! Maybe I'll go to school in a little while to see if I can get in the building before the bad weather gets here.

No comments:

Post a Comment