Search This Blog

Friday, March 12, 2010

Getting ready for the "effects of temperature" lab

Based on what appeared to be growing well right now, I decided to use the following four organisms next week: B. stearothermophilus, Serratia marcascens, Pseudomonas fluoroscens, and E. coli. That will give me one thermophile, two mesophiles, and one psychrophile (in order above) for the kids to experiment with. I had two viable plates of B. stearo., 2 tubes and 2 plates of Serratia, 2 tubes and one plate of P. fluoro., and 2 tubes of E. coli. I decided to make some more plates of everything except Serratia, so I made 2 more plates of each. I'm storing the P. fluoro in the fridge, Serratia and E. coli in the 37 degree incubator, and B. stearo in the 60 degree incubator, hoping for lots of colonies by Monday when this lab begins.

I'm still waiting on a purchase order to come through so I can buy Lactococcus lactis for the oxygen lab which is week after next. I need to check on that today.

No comments:

Post a Comment