Search This Blog

Thursday, February 25, 2010

Getting Ready for Antiseptic/Disinfectant Lab

After school this afternoon, I decided for sure what lab I would do next week. I am still waiting for more supplies from Carolina Biological, so I'm sort of stuck until they get here. However, the Antiseptic/Disinfectant Lab will be doable before those supplies arrive. So today, I made 6 nutrient broth tubes of E. coli and 6 of Bacillus megaterium to use in that lab. That will mean that every two groups will have a tube of each bacteria to use in the upcoming lab. That should be plenty. They have from Thursday until Monday to grow and I put them in the incubator so they can grow quickly. Actually, the nutrient broth tubes I used were those nutrient agar tubes that didn't have enough agar in them, so they hadn't set up. I just couldn't bring myself to throw them away as tight as funds are. I don't see why they won't work.

No comments:

Post a Comment